Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Few More!

Here we go, 3 more dog outfit samples are done!!! First pictured is a dog coat that has velcro under the neck and tabs under the chest that velcro together. This outfit I modified a bit from the original pattern. Originally the wrong sides were supposed to be sewn together (so the right side was allready face out), and then the edges encased in bias tape all around. I chose to sew wrong sides together, leaving openings for the tabs and collars, and one opening in the bottom in order to turn it right side out. After I attached the tabs and collars and turned it right side out, I topstitched all around the edges of the outfit, the collar, and the tabs, closing up all holes and turning in raw edges.

The next outfit is a pullover that has ribknit material for the collar, arm bands, and hem band. I first was going to try using the fleece material for the collar, arm bands, and hem band, and soon learned it is not stretchy enough to fit these openings. The rib knit makes a HUGE difference!! It also makes it easier to slide right over your dogs front legs and head.



The last sample of the day is a dog vest the has a fold back collar. To me the collar almost ends up looking like a polo collar, which I love! Just seems to add a little more style for all those stylish doggies out there! This outfit, along with the Steelers dog coat, was made for my "nephew" dog, and I look forward to posting some pictures of him looking handsome in these outfits.


So...now these four outfits (these 3 and the one from the previous post) are officially for sale on my website yourlittlestitch.com-tell your friends and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Great idea Diana! These are going to fly right off your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Di. How ever my dog's chest is about 25 inches in diameter and his waste is about 12 inches in diameter. Do you custom make these to fit Dauchshund/Basset mixes?
    Christa

    ReplyDelete